Love letters are rad.
A glorious written document of all the wonders of who you are.
How you shine in this world.
How you’ve made a difference in someone’s life.
It feels good to be reminded of your worth, doesn't it?
It feels good to believe that you are loved deeply and unconditionally.
Ah, yes, love letters rock.
But here's the thing, you don't have to wait for one to magically arrive in your mailbox. You don't have to find your significance in the hand of another. You are loved deeply. She does have your back.
She's actually your greatest love of all: YOU.
This relationship you have with yourself needs to be tenderly cared for. The little girl inside of you wants your love, your acceptance, and your permission to grow into her potential in this world.
This Valentine's day, instead of spouting your love for someone else, write yourself, your inner girl, a love letter.
How to write a love letter
- Find a sheet of stationery that invokes a feeling of romance and tenderness. Your computer is not an option.
- Pick out your favorite pen that allows your words to appear as individual pieces of art.
- If you have a picture of the younger version of you, the age where you feel she might have lost her spark, keep it near you so you can look at her while you write.
- Create a sacred space. Light a candle, play some soothing music, and have a cup of tea, a glass a wine, or a shot of tequila.
- Write to yourself. Look at her face in the picture. Know her fear, her apprehension, her longing for acceptance.
Not sure what to write? Here are a few prompts for you
- Tell her about each part of her body. How her legs carry her and her smile lights up the night sky.
- Tell her about her bright future and how capable she is of grabbing hold of her desires.
- Tell her about a specific moment that fills your with pride and joy.
- Tell her why she's your greatest love and how she has changed your life.
- Tell her how you understand her fear and her pain and how you can help each other through anything.
- Tell her that you are sorry for doubting her and how you vow to always have her back.
The most important relationship we have is the one we have with ourself. We don’t get to walk away from our inner child. She stays with us always. Treat her with all the love you can muster. Proclaim your heart to yourself.
Love YOU More